Friday, October 13, 2006

$$$$$$$ :)

Went to Sears today to pay off my Credit Card and since that left my credit card EMPTY... I thought the proper thing to do was to make a STOP at the Yarn Shop on the way back...
Looky at the Goodies I got... Two Magazines... and a skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.... Jaeger cotton DK AND The Last Three skeins of Noro... wahaooooo... The Noro colors are just yummy .. Looking at the photo I realized that I must have been in a certain "Color Wave" today.. The Debbie B. and Jaeger colors match the Noro Colors.
I know I am going South for the Winter so WHAT do I need Noro yarn for??? Well... BECASE it is soooooooooo Pretty and at $4.00 a skein .. How in The World could I NOT grab it ??? I mean.. Thats just against ALL the rules of Knitting survival.... Anyway.. I just had to get my last fix of that yarn shop before I go to Florida in a few weeks..

I think I am going to make myself a cute Hat with the Noro... The Colors will work well in Florida and I can wear it walking on the beach one of those Cool Winter Mornings :) Anyone have a Great hat Pattern I can try??? Its an Aran.. 5 sts = 1 inch and I have 310 yards of it...

6 comments:

ICJ said...

Colors, colors everywhere... (Blue's Clues)

I got that knitting magazine too not long ago. It has some interesting stuff, huh?

How about that hat?
http://www.justonemorerow.com/32/cat32.htm

The gauge is 2 1/2 sts = 1 inch though... but I am sure you could adjust, right?

Have fun with all that yummy stuff and playing with your new toys!

Mmpf! it almost sounds indecent, doesn't it? LOL

Isabelle aka Tricotine
Subscribe for free with Feedblitz

kelle said...

Love the yarn and the Noro colors! I just got a new book called "Yarn Play" that has a very cool hat in it. It's knit from Filatura 127 Print(striped). I think Noro would work fabulous.

Donna said...

And who said that Friday the 13th was a bad luck day!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? The blanket and purchases are yummy!

Becky said...

Great colors and a great deal! I love new yarn. :)

kat said...

oh i don't think i've ever seen noro in those colors...gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

$4.00 for Noro, Wow Penny, it costs more than that here !!! I just love noro, thats what i used to make my shawl. I just cant afford to buy it all the time!