Saturday, June 09, 2007

And THEN.....................With some of the Leftover Yarns I made a Cute Little Cuddly Blankie for Baby to HUG !!!!!!!
I just made the Blankie up as I went along... I casted on 27 stitches and did a garter stitch border of 5 stitches..
So start your square with five garter rows..
At the top end of the square I joined the second yarn and made the same square..
Then I did another set of two squares togetner and whipped stitched the two panels together..
Very Simple and Very Mindless as My Friend Barbara said !!!
I am Very Good at Simple & Mindless Things !!! LOL
Mine came out to be about 19 X 19.. Just Perfect for Hugging and for a little car seat cover!




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

monica said...

That is so cute. I love it! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Love your blankie just like I love your sweater! You do great work Penny! :)

Pooch said...

That is one inviting blanket! The color tones are soothing and the pattern is very pretty! Of course, your beautiful work brought it all together. I am continually amazed by all of your FOs!!

:)

Anonymous said...

I really love how your blanket came out. So Cute!! How many skeins of organic cotton did you use? I made the ruffle baby blanket ( must had made it larger) but it ended up with 8 skeins of yarn instead of 4.

Nell said...

Very sweet and cuddly looking! Great job!

Jules said...

Do you ever sleep woman!? :)lol Absolutely great blankie!

Donna said...

Gosh penny! This is really awesome! It screams, "pet me, I'm so soft!" Is this one of your original designs????? I love it!

Kim said...

This is just beautiful! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Penny your sweather and blanket are really cutie and my granddaughter would look really great in it and she would draged the blanket around wereever she would go,you do outstanding work.sign another knitter learning new things and your friend.

Kasia said...

Penny, your blankie is such a cutie! I think that a child who will get it would be the happies child of the universe!

Amanda said...

That is beautiful! Even as an adult I want to curl up into it. It looks so soft and comforting.

I love the neutral colors too. That's what really sets it off. Yay for going non-traditional!

What pattern did you use?

Cindy said...

Absolutely love the blanket...it's so cute and just looks perfect for cuddling with.