Sunday, September 09, 2007

Beaded Sweater

The Saga of The Beaded Sweater............ Did you say "GAUGE" ??
When in Florida last winter I worked on this Sweater.. I knitted in hundreds of beads.. They are on the front and the whole back.. I tried several photo shots but can't seem to get the beads to show... But they are in the middle of each purl design...
Anyhow... Because I am allergic to "gauges"... I did not do any ...As usual !!!
The Sweater is in Debbie Bliss Special knits and was started out to be for my 4 Year old Grandaughter"Paige".......
BUT it GREW as I knitted it because I guess my yarn choice was the wrong gauge for the pattern ...... Who Knew ???

I then decided it would be for my 8 year old Grandaughter "Natalie".... After doing one sleeve I ran out of the yarn and the yarn shop where I could only get it was in NY.. So I waited until the Summer when I got back here and purchased another skein...
Its called BABY..... Well... I now decided that the sleeve I already made was too short so I lenghtened it and made it wider.....as I did with the second sleeve............. OK.. ...So NOW Its done, Right???...... WRONG..... NOW I decided that it was too short for the 8 Year old "Natalie" ... Soooooooooooo... I picked up on the bottom and added about 3 inches... See that "Design Feature" I put at the bottom??? No.. Lets not call it an error, Huh !......... Its My Design Feature.. ...All Right!!!!

So There is the Sweater and I will mail it off to Buffalo and HOPE that after all that work and beading it will fit " Someone"..
Will I do a GAUGE for the next Sweater??? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Probably NOT !!!!!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

sandy said...

Penny
Fantastic~~Love the color
will certainly fit some lucky little girl~~
Keep those needles clicking
Sandy

Kathy said...

Your mistakes are better than my intentions. That's beautiful.

JustApril said...

It's so pretty! When I clicked the pic it got big enough for me to see some of the beads. I hope it fits someone, it's much too pretty to lay around with now owner =)

Carrie Penny said...

LOL! I only gauge sweaters... I only do it b/c I knit for myself a lot of the time and having a 40+ bust and only the torso length of a 12 year old, I have to know how to make the body fit and where to put my waist shaping... Well and how to make my sleeves not so tight...

Anonymous said...

Heya Penny!
As I was slowly scrolling down through your saga, I was expecting it to finally be modeled on YOU! I would have loved to see that!!
But it still came out really, really nice. It will be warmly welcomed and lovingly stored away til someone in the family fits it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love defiance in the face of disaster! It looks beautiful, though. I do hope it fits.

Ellen said...

Penny:
It's gorgeous as usual! You have the fastest needles in the East, I think. Remind me some time to tell you about a poncho I made....DH called it 'the tarp'....who needs gauge swatches? Me!
Ellen

Knittypants said...

Well, it turned out great! I think the Design Feature looks great, better than without it. And the great thing about kids is that someone will fit it :-)

Anonymous said...

It came out really pretty. I love the colors, pattern and the beads. Calliope