Thursday, September 28, 2006

Scarf


This is a scarf that I just started ..Its a " holey"scarf as requested...
I have changed to several needles trying to get one that has a good point on it.. The stitch pattern is simple but you have to passover the stitches all throughout the scarf... The metal ones are too slippery... The plastic ones are good but no point.. the bamboo ones are great but no point.. Then tried the circulars... The denise have no point but work for the slipperyness of the yarn... So now I do the knit stitches and pick up the stitch with my fingers and pass it over... whew!!!! Wish I didn't trim my nails the other day !!!!
Anjd it has to be a scarf that is at least 5 feet long... :)

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Its lookin' good. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm working on a scarf in a mohair lace yarn on BIG needles and it is so sssssssssssssllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwww going!! I feel for you!

Becky said...

Two days ago I started a scarf just like that one. I was picking the yarn up with my fingernails to pass it over. Now I'm making a different scarf. I just couldn't do it. More power to you!

monica said...

How about a thin cable needle to pick up the stitch to pass over. I love my crystal palace needles for lace knitting they have nice points on them.

cathych said...

lol! great to hear your voice this a.m.

Lucy said...

That looks so delicate and feminine!

ICJ said...

That is a beautiful scarf! So worth the trouble...

Did you try resine needles? My Knit Lite needles were so great working the [K4tog] stitch!

Just a thought...

Isabelle aka Tricotine

fiberfanatic said...

Have you tried an SSK instead of the knit one, slip one, pass the slipped stitch over? They do the same thing and MUCH easier to do!

Anonymous said...

Good old Denise needles! My favorite as you well know. How about if you tie a Chibby needle onto your "tail" so you don't lose it, and then use the curved tip to pass over your stitches. It worked great for me on a cable I was doing - instead of knitting off the cable needle, I put them onto a Chibby then when it was time to knit them off, I just slipped them back onto the left needle and knitted them off!