Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Mittens























Last night I did the pair of mittens ...
I will try to write out my directions for you here , Hopefully I worte the right "notes" !
With Worsted Weight Yarn and # 4 dpns.. I casted on 24 stitches...
I put half of the stitches (12)....on each needle....
I then slip them to the same ends of the needle and switch the first stitch on each needle..This joins them in a "round" and holds a nice "closure"
You can join them your own way but this is what I like to do!!!
You now do a K2, P2 Rib on both needles...
Next round start using a third needle and continue ribbing for about 1 inch..
Switch on next row to a # 5 needle and increase 4 stitches in forst row .. continue doing stockinette stitch for for about 3/4 inch...
If you want a thumb , this is where you would put one.... I just bound off 5 stitches and on the next row I knitted on 5 stitches above it ( Like a buttonhole)
Leave the hole and continue knitting for about 1/4 inch.. then decrease 4 stitches evenly around..
Knit for 2 rounds..
ON next round decrease 6 stitches evenly..
Knit 1 round..
On next round decrease 5 stitches evenly..
K 2 rounds..
On next round decrease 6 stitches evenly..
Hopefully you should now have about 8 stitches... ( If not just decrease until you do )
Its not really " Rocket Science"...
Now thread yarn thru stitches and pull together!!!
Now for the thumb what I did next was to pick up the 10 stitches around the "hole"..
Knit about 5 rounds then start decreasing a few stitches each row until you are down to 3 stitches...
Just judge the length of the thumb!!! Then pull the yarn thru the 3 stitches and you are done!!!
I doubt if Samantha will keep her thum where it belongs but its there if she wants to..
Probably she will just "Play" with the Thumb on the Mitten :)

Have Fun!!!







This is another Seamless One Piece Sweater like the " Nut" Sweater :) But I made this one a little bigger by adding a few stitches...
This is a Pretty Green Heather Worsted Yarn that I got at the new Yarn Outlet near me.. and trimed with a Pretty Lilac Color...
The name of the Yarn is The Leader ....by Tawny....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hey! WOW! Look at you here! You got a face lift! LOL! Or actually, you BLOG got a face lift! Nice! Very streamlined! I love the mitts and the sweater! I am having a hard time deciding whats next too! Somewhere out there, a patterns is calling! All we have to do is listen!