Monday, January 21, 2008

Time for a little Update on these projects I guess...
This is the Back of the sweater and I started the Front last night....


The Laceweight Scarf is coming along slowly...There is a "goof" I think right in the middle , ya see it ???
Maybe when I block it you won't be able to see it ??? Maybe ????

The Little Yellow Sweater was restarted all over because the gauge was not working out but mostly the bottom kept rolling up... I ended up starting over in a lighter weight yarn and I did a garter bottom instead of what the pattern called for... Now I am much Happier with the hem... :)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

LDSVenus said...

The sweater will be beautiful!! love the color. Is it a yarn that had the graduated coloring? The scarf will probably still show, you can eiher frog or make the same mistake in the middle and on the other side in the same place and tell them it's suppose to be like that :P.

Maryann said...

Oooh, I love that lace scarf. I wouldn't have spot the "goof" if you don't tell me. And it's sure a pain to frog all the way back. But if that bothers you, maybe you can just snip the yarn somewhere above that problem area, and frog back a few rows and rejoint by grafting them together again. I've done something like that before. Just make sure both pieces end/start with a RS row, so your grafted row will be the WS row (purl row) and you should be ok.

BTW, your grandchildren are very beautiful, especially in that photo. And that toilet roll yarn holder really amakes me giggle :)

Unknown said...

Love the sweater and scarf. I love tonal yarns. I haven't acquired the skills to do any lacy knitting yet. one of these days. lol
Your grandkids are adorable.
Hugs Patt

handknit168 said...

I love the colour of the sweater. I always love the variegate colour. Very eager to see the FO.

Anonymous said...

ooh the lovely colours!! you are doing great

Katt

Bev said...

You will hate that lace scarf if you don't fix it. You'll point out the error to everyone that admires it (assuming it leaves the house). Consider the work practice and rip back. You'll be so much happier. Bev--who knows how much a big error ruins enjoyment! Bevqw on Ravelry.

Sheila said...

The scarf should not be noticeble when blocked. The colors are great.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful idea for you to do this yarn up in a sweater. Can't wait to see the finished product.