Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hats.. Hats !!!

I started this Hat a few days ago.... Its a Fiber Trends Floppy like Hat...It was coming out so big that I was wondering if it would eventually knit down to a smaller size?? Well... I finished the whole brim and started the Head part and still it is BIG.. I mean ..The brim is Really Floppy...So I am thinking that maybe I need to do this in a Cotton Yarn as is suggested.. It seems that it needs to knit to a gauge that is very Firm... Well I wanted this hat to match the bolero sweater that I made a few weeks ago.. Its down a few posts... And I need that hat for Saturday Soooooooooooooooooooo I decided to Frog this one and start a different hat for the sweater.....
Now My Daughter says today that Sami NEEDS a Floppy Hat .. Guess I'll try it again in cottn next week and see how it works out this time!!

This is The Hat I am working on now and it is going pretty fast.. I should be finished with it tonight which makes me very Happy!!!! I already have the next project lined up and I am itching to start it... You know how it is with us projectaholics!!!! I just HAVE to have another one .... :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

~Lynn~ said...

I made this floppy hat for my granddaughter last year too. I was so big she will be 5 by the time she grows into it. I know I knit loose, so I went down a size on the needles and it was still too big. Made another one using needles two sizes smaller and it is too big also. Oh well...she will have to just grow into them. I used the same yarn that was in the photo too!